More than 58 thousand people took state language courses last year - A.Mukhamediuly
- According to the results of the annual survey, in 2017 the share of the population who speaks the state language was 83.1%. The share of the adult population, who speaks three languages, was 22.3%.
- According to the Minister of Culture and Sports, in order to implement the project "Organization of training of civil servants in the framework of promotion of trilingualism" in 2017, 610 civil servants of central executive bodies attended state language courses.
- Today in Kazakhstan there are 89 regional centers for teaching the state language. In 2017, in the Language Training Centers, 58 348 students took the state language courses.
- In addition, 17 varieties of children's literature, 14 dictionaries, 14 scientific-cognitive and 16 teaching textbooks were produced and distributed throughout the country last year.
- To increase children's content in Internet resources, as well as to expand the use of the state language among young people, the intellectual program “Enshi” was released on the Kazakhstan TV channel.
- Minister Arystanbek Mukhamediuly noted that according to the 2017 results, the share of document circulation in the state language was 92%. Of these, 89% are in the central state bodies, 93.3% in the local executive bodies. According to the Ministry of Information and Communications, the share of media content in the Kazakh language is 72%.
- "In order to expand the use of the state language, the work of the portal kz, the onomastic electronic database Atau.kz— cognitive site about the history of onomastic names, the etymology, the features of the creation, the spelling electronic database Emle.kz, consisting of dictionaries and containing information about the graphics and spelling , as well as the electronic database Termincom.kz, containing industry terminological dictionaries and articles on terminology," Arystanbek Mukhamediuly said.
- In 2017, a trilingual website Til Media was created. The work of the site is aimed at promoting the state, Russian and English languages, expanding the scope of their application and methodology. Also, children's site Bala Tіlіwas developed. For the first time, the Quzhat website was launched — the Kazakh version with instructions for filling in documents used in all areas without errors.
- The Republican terminological commission under the Government has approved 3 thousand terms. Thus, the terminological fund of the Kazakh language contains about 21 thousand terms.
- During the consideration of the issue, the Minister of National Economy, Timur Suleimenov, also made a speech. According to him, in all, the State Program for the Development and Functioning of Languages in Kazakhstan for 2011-2020 provides for nine target indicators, the intermediate values of which for 2017 have been achieved in all respects.
- "In general, the results of monitoring the implementation of the State Program for the reporting year indicate positive trends," Timur Suleimenov summed up.
- Summing up the consideration of the issue, the Prime Minister Bakytzhan Sagintayev noted good indicators of the implementation of the program for the development and functioning of languages.
- "Monitoring of the implementation of the State program for the reporting year also indicates positive trends. Despite certain results, there are some issues that need to be addressed," Bakytzhan Sagintayev said.
- First, the Prime Minister instructed to intensify the work on providing the population with free Kazakh language courses. Special attention is given to increase the availability of training courses in other languages, including through special information resources on the Internet. This is the work of the Ministry of Culture and Sports and local executive bodies.
- Bakytzhan Sagintayev recalled that for the support and study of languages from the state budget, considerable financial resources were allocated for the creation of special literature. In this regard, attention is drawn to the need to produce modern teaching textbooks and children's books that will be in demand among the population.
- Second, in order to implement the transition of the Kazakh language to the Latin script, it is necessary to intensify the explanatory work. To ensure the gradual translation of the alphabet, the corresponding Action Plan was approved. In this connection, an instruction was given to all state bodies and organizations to ensure the timely implementation of the activities of the Plan.
- Coordination is assigned to Deputy Prime Minister Erbolat Dossaev.